[MOBTS-L] International MOBTS 2022 in Mannheim, Germany - Submissions Now Being Accepted!

Brandon Taylor Charpied brandon at mobts.org
Mon Nov 1 08:16:13 MDT 2021

Call for Papers

Hosted by the Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University (DHBW) in
Mannheim, Germany

Submission Deadline is Friday, the 30th of January 2022

Conference Dates: 22nd to 25th of June 2022

 <https://mobts.org/imobts-guidelines/> Submission Guidelines  |
<https://mobts.org/conference/i2022/openconf.php> Paper Submission  |
<https://mobts.org/icfp/> Full Call for Papers

  _____

International MOBTS 2022 Team:

*	Andrea Honal, DHBW-Mannheim (Conference Chair)
*	Brandon Charpied, MOBTS Executive Director
*	Robert Lahdo, DHBW-Mannheim
*	Alexandra Toth, DHBW-Mannheim
*	Alexander David Jaensch, DHBW-Mannheim
*	Volker Rundshagen, Hochschule Stralsund

  _____

Arrive early and stay late as you make the most of this tremendous
experience!

Join us in Germany at the Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University
(DHBW) for the 2022 MOBTS International conference. We are the first higher
education institution in Germany which combines on-the-job training and
academic studies and, therefore, we achieve a close integration of theory
and practice, both being components of cooperative education. With around
34,000 enrolled students, over 9,000 partner companies and more than 145,000
graduates, we count as one of the largest higher education institutions in
the German Federal State of Baden-Wuerttemberg. Founded on March 1, 2009,
DHBW traces its roots back to the Berufsakademie Baden-Wurttemberg. Today
the university continues to carry on the highly successful tradition of
cooperative education. We are passionate about teaching innovations,
centered on improving the quality of teaching and learning.

  _____

Conference Theme

The core purpose of this conference is to bring together management
educators from around the world, from the Australasian region, from America,
from Europe and other countries. We want to create a vibrant international
community of educators so that we can share our experience of best
practices, learn from each other and build learning networks for today and
into the future. As such, this is a very broad theme, congruent with the
vision of MOBTS.

We welcome interactive and experiential sessions that share insights into
effective teaching practices and the experience of life as an educator. We
are as interested in what works as what does not work, as learning from
failure in our view is part of the lived experience of the life-long journey
of an educator. We do not wish to be prescriptive in saying what you should
submit to the conference. You are the community of active management
educators: from you will emerge best practice and themes.

  _____

Proposal Formats

We very much welcome a blend of proposals including:

*	Interactive exercises or cases on a particular topic;
*	Roundtable discussions that encourage dialogue around a topic, or
offer the community the opportunity to develop a particular skill;
*	Presentations of best practices in management education.
*	Poster sessions
*	Pedagogical research

  _____

Emerging Themes, Add to the Conversation

Below are some themes that have emerged from our experience of management
education and about which we are keen to gain insights into best practice.
As a community, you will have additional insights, so consider the below
initial thoughts. We welcome proposals both within and outside the below
themes.

Large Group teaching. There is a tension between our desire to teach in
small groups, to facilitate exchange of ideas, and the challenge of
institutional pressures to generate income through large classes. How do we
as educators manage the challenge of large group teaching? Issues may
include, but are not limited to:

*	Managing experiential learning in large groups
*	Designing effective and engaging assessments
*	Providing meaningful and developmental feedback to students
*	Managing behavior in large groups compared to small
*	Identifying, integrating, or abandoning, technological supports to
aid large group teaching
*	Creating meaningful industry and research engaged teaching in large
groups
*	Teaching Strategies That Show Students You Care

Sessions should be interactive and experiential and may be 30, 60, or 90
minutes long. Roundtable discussions are all 60-minute sessions. Poster
sessions will be set to a specific time in the program for all presenters
and attendees to engage with all such poster discussions.

All submissions are double blind reviewed. MOBTS has long been a home to
educators across the management disciplines and beyond, including but not
limited to: organizational behavior, human resource management, I/O psych,
conflict management, negotiation, strategic management, international
management, healthcare management, accounting, economics, marketing, and
beyond!

All submissions are double-anonymously reviewed. Accepted submissions will
have the opportunity to be included in our Conference Proceedings with ISBN.

BRANDON CHARPIED   |   EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Management & Organizational Behavior Teaching Society

 <tel://P:%20(843)%20855-0301/> P: (843) 855-0301
 <mailto:brandon at mobts.org> brandon at mobts.org   |     <https://mobts.org/>
mobts.org
Join our Facebook Group:  <https://www.facebook.com/groups/mobts/>
https://www.facebook.com/groups/mobts/