How do you select conference sites?
Conference site selection has evolved over time into what is now a very precise process. When a member / conference attendee / university is interested in hosting an MOBTS conference, the process generally flows as follows:
- Preliminary discussions with Executive Operations Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Budget template is provided to site, and returned to and discussed with EOD for further vetting
- Full (digital) proposal is provided highlighting the campus, its offerings to the conference’s needs and desires, cultural fit, administrative support, etc.
- If deemed viable through the written proposal, the President and EOD travel to the prospective site for a campus tour, to meet with those proposing (faculty, administration, etc.), and provide an overall vetting and assessment of the site
- Results of visit and, if applicable, recommendations are provided by President and EOD to the Board of Directors for a vote
If you are interested in discussing the prospects of your campus hosting a future MOBTS, please contact Brandon Charpied at email@example.com.