[MOBTS-L] Teaching with PPE

Jason Pierce jrpierc2 at uncg.edu
Thu Aug 13 15:23:49 MDT 2020

Hello colleagues,

The fall semester starts here next week with many provisions in place for
mitigating COVID-19 transmission in in-person settings.

Never having taught wearing a face covering, I am wondering how well
students will be able to hear/understand me and would like to know what
others have experienced if they have been down this road already.

For reference, we will be provided cloth masks, face shields, and, to the
best of my knowledge, microphones.  Also, I will be teaching in rooms that
have 30 or so students spread around spaces that would accommodate 60 to 80
under pre-pandemic circumstances.

Any input you have regarding what seems to work best for to ensuring clear
communication would be welcome.

Thank you in advance,

Jason

Jason R. Pierce, PhD