[MOBTS-L] Teaching with PPE

Jason Pierce jrpierc2 at uncg.edu
Sun Aug 23 11:15:37 MDT 2020

Hello, again,

Just following up with a couple of updates regarding my experience teaching
with PPE.

First, thank you again, to everyone who provided input.

As you told me, students were able to hear me with a mask with minimal
trouble.

The day classes started I discovered that Power Point has a built-in live
captioning feature. I tested and used it with my blue tooth headset during
both classes on Wednesday. Some students found the captioning helpful,
others thought it didn't make much difference.

None found it distracting so I'm going to keep using it.

If you're looking for a blue tooth headset, this is the one I used:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FMSJZ3R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o0
0_s00?ie=UTF8
<https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FMSJZ3R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o
00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1> &th=1

It has great battery length for the price (24 hours on a single charge).

Best,

Jason