[MOBTS-L] Chair position - Georgia College & State University

Micheal Stratton president at mobts.org
Wed Nov 18 05:57:40 MST 2020

Dear MOBTS friends,

Please consider this academic leadership opportunity and share with your colleagues. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have questions.

All the best,
~Micheal

Micheal T. Stratton, Ph.D. (he/him/his)
President, Management and Organizational Behavior Teaching Society (MOBTS.org)

president at mobts.org / 518.210.4009 (mobile/text) / https://www.facebook.com/groups/mobts / https://twitter.com/obts1 <https://twitter.com/obts1>

Georgia College & State University
Department Chair - Management, Marketing, & Logistics

Description

The J. Whitney Bunting College of Business at Georgia College & State University invites applications for the position of Department Chair of Management, Marketing, & Logistics beginning July 2021. Candidates with terminal degrees and disciplinary background(s) in any of the major fields of study within management, marketing, or supply chain/logistics, are encouraged to apply. In this 12-month academic leadership position, the Chair works collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team of faculty to implement the Department’s and College’s goals giving special attention to the academic programs of study including our BBAs in Management and Marketing, our nationally ranked graduate degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, and participation in the highly successful Georgia WebMBA®. The Department also offers undergraduate concentrations in logistics and supply chain, human resource management, and sales.

The Chair works collaboratively with the faculty in the Department, participates in the development of school/college and university policies, and contributes to AACSB accreditation efforts. Additionally, the Chair will have the capability to cultivate and maintain alumni relations, fundraise, work with an advisory board(s), effectively manage course scheduling, budgets, and personnel. With approximately 870 students with 20 FTE faculty and staff, the Chair represents the Department on the College's Leadership Team and reports directly to the Dean of the J. Whitney Bunting College of Business. The Chair also maintains and enhances connections between the Department and business communities to establish the vision and direction for the curriculum. The Chair supervises two faculty coordinators who assist on matters of budget, curriculum, assessment, and admissions in the respective disciplinary fields of marketing and management.

Proposed Minimum Experience/Education
Qualified candidates for the tenured rank as Full Professor must have a terminal degree in any of the major fields of study within the broad multidisciplinary area of business (e.g., strategy, HR, OB, OT, operations, international, entrepreneurship, marketing, logistics and supply chain, etc.). Additionally, qualified candidates must be recognized scholars with active research records in their respective disciplines for the appointment at the rank of Full Professor with tenure at Georgia College & State University. Other required qualifications:

the incumbent should hold tenure and rank of Full Professor at previous institution prior to appointment at Georgia College & State University;
a record of exemplary teaching within the candidate’s area of specialization;
a strong commitment to the public liberal arts mission of the college and university;
excellent leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills, including a well-developed sense of fairness and integrity;
a demonstrated ability to work effectively with external constituencies;
a passion for working with and mentoring students; and
a commitment to fostering academic excellence, rigor, and distinctiveness in the public liberal arts and in business education. All Georgia College faculty share the responsibility of teaching our core curriculum and providing foundation courses for majors and non‐majors alike. To carry out our public liberal arts mission, we seek faculty with the desire and ability to engage students as they launch their intellectual journey.

About the J. Whitney Bunting College of Business

The J. Whitney Bunting College of Business is exactly what you would expect from a premier public liberal arts university - a first-rate, student-centered, residential business education with a full array of AACSB-accredited academic programs at both the undergraduate and graduate level, for high-demand careers. Our program offerings are nationally recognized, affordable, and accessible. At the graduate level, we offer online programs in Management Information Systems, the Georgia WebMBA® at Georgia College, and the Master of Logistics and Supply Chain Management. Our Master of Accountancy is currently delivered face-to-face as an ideal program for Georgia College students seeking to continue their education in the Accounting field. Our goal is to develop capable, successful business professionals who are also responsible citizens committed to contributing to the community.

About Georgia College & State University

Georgia College, located in Milledgeville, Georgia, is the state’s designated public liberal arts university—where practical education meets life-altering, real-world experiences. For us, a liberal arts education goes beyond simply memorizing facts and philosophies. A liberal arts curriculum teaches students how to navigate the complexities of life, assess the world around them and become critical thinkers. Our skills-infused approach provides our students with an advantage that employers are looking for and expands the personal and professional lives of our graduates.

The university offers undergraduate and graduate education and serves more than 7,000 students in four colleges: College of Arts and Sciences, the J. Whitney Bunting College of Business, the John H. Lounsbury College of Education, the College of Health Science and the Honors College. With its sprawling idyllic campus paired with talented faculty and staff, Georgia College stands at the forefront of offering a holistic liberal arts education. Our students are engaged citizens who are encouraged to think independently and lead creatively as they acquire the skills to navigate life-long challenges.

Georgia College is one of 26 institutions in the University System of Georgia, and we consistently rank among the top three universities in terms of student retention and graduation rates. Georgia College also ranks 20th on U.S. News & World Report’s Best Regional Universities – South and is recognized as a top university in the nation by the Princeton Review, Forbes Higher Education and Kiplinger’s.

About Milledgeville, Georgia

Serving as Georgia’s state capitol for 64 years, Milledgeville is a charming, traditional southern town located less than a two-hour drive from Atlanta, and an easy drive from all the other great cities in the Peach State - Athens, Macon, Columbus, and Savannah. Close enough to everything, but far away enough to avoid the hustle and bustle. For more information on Milledgeville, please visit https://www.visitmilledgeville.org/ <https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.visitmilledgeville.org%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cmicheal.stratton%40gcsu.edu%7C4d6287fc91cd4b0c57bc08d8349e8c17%7Cbfd29cfa8e7142e69abc953a6d6f07d6%7C0%7C0%7C637317202849913793&sdata=BXsawT2uFbtTAlqp%2Fr2PcKQKZ%2BZczeu7%2FLQzaW1zKyo%3D&reserved=0>.

Application and Candidate Review Processes

Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should submit their current CV, a letter of application, teaching philosophy statement, example of recent scholarly work, unofficial graduate transcripts, and a list of three references (names, address, phone numbers, and emails) by visiting https://www.gcsujobs.com/postings/8418 <https://www.gcsujobs.com/postings/8418>. Materials must be submitted by December 30, 2020 to receive full consideration. Questions regarding the position can be directed to Dr. Bob Duesing, Chair of the Search Committee, at bob.duesing at gcsu.edu <mailto:bob.duesing at gcsu.edu> and 478-445-2571.