[MOBTS-L] MOBTS Oceania Submission Deadline DECEMBER 1st!

Brandon Taylor Charpied brandon at mobts.org
Sun Nov 29 23:45:54 MST 2020

MOBTS Oceania Call for Papers
2021 Virtual Conference

Conference Dates: January 27 - 29, 2021
Conference Submission Deadline: December 1, 2020

Submit a Session/Paper
<https://mobts.org/conference/oceania/author/submit.php>   |  Submission
Guidelines <https://mobts.org/oceania-guidelines/>

Calling all management educators and learning designers throughout Oceania -
Be there at the start of a new regional conference devoted to teaching and
learning!

MOBTS is a premier global experiential learning Society and Conference, now
entering its 48th year, focusing on enhancing teaching and learning across
management disciplines. In 2020 MOBTS adapted in response to the COVID
crisis and delivered its first virtual conference. It was an unbelievable
success! As educators we have also evolved our practice during 2020 to deal
with the challenges of a global pandemic. In this spirit, we invite you to
join us for the inaugural MOBTS Oceania conference - virtually. This virtual
conference will be an opportunity to share the adaptations you have made
over the past year (and before!) and position you to meet the challenges of
the years ahead.*

The vision for this conference is to bring together management educators
across the Oceania region to share our experiences of best practices, learn
from each other, and build learning networks for today and into the future.
This inaugural conference provides a unique opportunity to discuss new
challenges, opportunities, and innovations as they pertain to management and
organisational behaviour teaching in our region.

We welcome interactive and experiential sessions that share insights into
effective teaching practices and the experience of life as an educator. We
are as interested in what works and what does not work, as learning from
failure in our view is part of the lived experience of the life long journey
of an educator. We do not wish to be prescriptive in saying what you should
submit to the conference. Rather the themes will evolve from the submissions
received by our community of management educators.

 *Future MOBTS Oceania conferences are anticipated to be traditional
physical or hybrid events. The anticipated registration fee for this
conference is $75 USD. All conference programming will be scheduled around
Australian Eastern Standard Time.

Proposal Formats

We very much welcome a variety of proposals including:

*	Experiential Exercises
*	Professional Development Workshops
*	Roundtable Discussions
*	Symposia/Panels
*	Case Studies
*	Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Research

*	Both full papers and extended abstracts

Emerging Themes, Add to the Conversation

In the spirit of MOBTS, the inaugural MOBTS Oceania conference will be an
opportunity to explore themes that have emerged from our experience of
management education and about which we are keen to gain insights into best
practice. The conference theme has been broadly set as 'evolution'. The
suggestions below are not exclusive and contributions beyond these areas are
welcome. The suggestions below could apply to any of the proposal types
listed.

Shifting from 'bricks and mortar' to remote teaching

Contributions for this sub-theme may include, but are not limited to:

*	Adapting classes due to changing 'conditions'
*	Facilitating virtual group work - the pitfalls and delights
*	Working with large classes in virtual settings
*	Asynchronous teaching: when to translate versus when to replace?

Responding to new higher education contexts

Contributions for this sub-theme may include, but are not limited to:

*	How universities and academics are responding to funding changes
*	Achieving 'authentic assessment'
*	The drive for graduate 'employability'
*	What about academic integrity without invigilated exams?

Evolving as an educator

Contributions for this sub-theme may include, but are not limited to:

*	Personal reflections on how COVID has changed you as an educator
*	The opportunities that 2020 has provided to evolve your practice
*	Writing for education and scholarship of learning and teaching
journals and conferences
*	Building communities of practice for educators

Supporting our students to adapt

Contributions for this sub-theme may include, but are not limited to:

*	Curriculum evolution to meet the demands of the 'new' world
*	Supporting students during difficult and uncertain times
*	Connecting with industry: how we make classroom education relevant
for future jobs

About MOBTS-Oceania: A community of Management Educators

The MOBTS-Oceania group emerged from the energy and enthusiasm fostered
during the 2020 MOBTS International Conference in Christchurch, New Zealand.
During this conference many ideas, teaching innovations, and challenges were
shared amongst educators in this region. We wanted to harness this energy
and create a dedicated group focused on bringing the spirit of MOBTS to the
region, to foster teaching innovations in the management domain, and come
together as educators.

The group's members are:

Kevin Lo (Chair, University of San Francisco, MOBTS Secretary)
Brandon Charpied (MOBTS Executive Director)
Patricia Hubbard (University of Auckland)
Stuart Middleton (University of Queensland)
Shakira Moss (University of Queensland)
Bronte Van Der Hoorn (University of Southern Queensland)
Janis Wardrop (University of New South Wales)
Sarah Wright (University of Canterbury)

Inquiries

Please direct inquiries to Program Committee Representative Sarah Wright,
University of Canterbury, ( <mailto:sarah.wright at canterbury.ac.nz>
sarah.wright at canterbury.ac.nz)

BRANDON CHARPIED   |   EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Management & Organizational Behavior Teaching Society

 <tel://P:%20(843)%20855-0301/> P: (843) 855-0301
 <mailto:brandon at mobts.org> brandon at mobts.org   |     <https://mobts.org/>
mobts.org
Join our Facebook Group:  <https://www.facebook.com/groups/mobts/>
https://www.facebook.com/groups/mobts/