April 5, 2022
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Co-Editor – Journal of Management Education
The Management and Organizational Behavior Teaching Society (MOBTS) invites applications for the position of a Co-Editor of the Journal of Management Education (JME). This individual would lead alongside Dr. Jennifer Leigh, Co-Editor of JME. The term of office is two years, starting 1 June, 2022. There will be a transitional overlap with the outgoing Co-Editor and ongoing training will be provided as soon as mutually agreed upon after selection. Additional support includes an annual $7500 stipend, responsive publisher staff, and a highly committed editorial team.
JME has long been one of the premier academic journals on teaching and learning in the organization and management disciplines. Currently in its 46th volume, the journal has its roots within MOBTS but publishes work that pertains to all areas of general management education.
Desired qualifications for the Co-Editor include:
- A strong record of scholarly contributions to management and management education, reflected in publication in scholarly journals and presentations at professional conferences
- The ability to articulate and operationalize a vision for the journal that sustains and builds upon its visibility, legitimacy and scholarliness
- The ability to inspire creativity and enthusiasm in an international editorial team, editorial board and authors
- Editorial experience as an editor, associate or assistant editor, special issue editor, or editorial board member, preferably with JME or other management education journals
- Familiarity with and an understanding of JME’s mission and audience
- Superb organizational and project management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and work as part of a team as a team leader
- A level of computer literacy sufficient to manage a web-based manuscript submission and tracking system
- Experience coordinating global virtual teams
- The flexibility to attend online and/or in-person conferences and board meetings
- Evidence of institutional support and commitment from the applicant’s institution to support the applicant via release time and administrative support
Applications should include four items:
- a letter of application that addresses how the applicant meets each of the selection criteria;
- a curriculum vita;
- a one-page vision statement for the journal;
- a letter of institutional support from the applicant’s dean and/or provost.
Application materials should be sent by e-mail to arrive by 20 April, 2022 to the chair of the search committee: John Stark, Ph.D. Email firstname.lastname@example.org