About This Opportunity
The Journal of Management Education (JME) is seeking a Social Media Coordinator (SMC) to commence in March 2022. The SMC will be responsible for maintaining the JME social media accounts as needed to promote the journal, as well as other relevant activities.
The journal is seeking an individual who can balance taking guidance and direction and working independently. Additionally, we expect the SMC to demonstrate initiative in networking, following marketing conversations on best practices, attending relevant trainings, learning relevant software, and other tasks listed below.
Involvement with the management education communities through MOBTS, AOM’s MED division, and/or other regional associations will be required. The SMC will report to the Co-Editor team on a regular basis to provide reports on metrics and for consultations on strategic decisions.
We expect the SMC will work approximately 2-3 hours each week. Some tasks can be completed ahead of time, so this work arrangement is flexible.
Key Selection Criteria
- A Master’s degree or higher in business, business management, organizational behavior or a similar business-related field.
- Strong working knowledge of major social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Experience using design platforms such as Canva, or the willingness to learn how to use such platforms.
- The ability to set work priorities appropriate to meeting deadlines, with proven personal organizational skills and the capacity to work independently.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to work collaboratively with the Co-Editors to achieve goals.
- Previous experience in a similar social media coordinator role.
- Knowledge of the major management education journals and literature domain.
- Qualifications and/or work experience in graphic design.
Key duties will include:
- Maintaining the JME social media accounts and posting relevant information as needed.
- Promoting articles (with accompanying images and text) as they are published online.
- Identifying with the Co-Editors manuscripts under review that have a significant potential to contribute citations to the journal.
- Providing guidance as to how to increase article circulation and reader engagement.
- Selecting papers that would benefit from additional media ancillaries such as video abstracts, third-party news releases, and other promotion strategies.
- Networking with others holding similar positions with other journals to identify best practices and discuss opportunities.
- Other duties set by the Co-Editors as needed.
The successful applicant will receive an annual stipend of US$1500.00
General queries about the position may be sent to JME Co-Editor Dr Marissa Kate Edwards (firstname.lastname@example.org)
To apply for this role, please send a letter of interest detailing how you meet the selection criteria, three references, your social media information, and your CV to email@example.com
The Selection Committee will review all applications and selected applicants will be invited for a short interview via Zoom.
The closing date for applications is February 21, 2022 at 5:00pm EST.